Monday, March 17, 2008

Antolope Slot Canyon


Antolope Slot Canyon
Originally uploaded by GailJ.
It has been a couple of busy days.
Jesper and I went golfing on Sunday morning. It was cold, but hey, when you get the chance, take it. It started snowing on us, but we carried on.
Later in the day, we all drove over to Arizona (that sounds weird!). Anyway, we had hiking permits for the South Coyote Buttes. I didn't get luck enough to get the permits for the Wave, that I had been wanting, so we went for the South Buttes. We drove, during some nasty weather, only to be snowed out completely. This is the way the last few days have gone.

Today, turned out better. We woke to sun shine and warmer weather. Once again, we drove to Arizona, this time Page, AZ. We got a tour of the Antolope Slot Canyon that is on the Navaho reservations. It was an exciting and interesting tour. We are so glad we got to do that. I put on only half of the pictures I took. I think I actually took 60 photos. It was that amazing. The boys really enjoyed it and the 4 wheeling we had to do to get there!
We also stopped by the Glen Canyon Dam. We kind of had to, since we had to drive over it to get to Page. It is a rather inspiring place.

We ended our day with a hike in the Grand Staircase Escalantes. We hiked out to the rock formations named, Toad Stools. It was a short hike and a nice day to do it.

I hope that you are enjoying our pictures.

2 comments:

Janet said...

Gail ~
Sounds like you are having a challenging but wonderful trip! I'm enjoying the updates and also the pictures. Great job!!

Gail said...

Thanks for posting. I wasn't sure if anyone was reading it.