Friday, March 21, 2008

Last Few Days

It has been a few days since I posted and don't have time to put pictures on, but I thought I would update the past few days.

After our Slot Canyon adventures, we packed up and headed south to the Grand Canyon National Park. We didn't have access so, this will be a big post.
The Grand Canyon is my favorite park. It has been about 20 years since I have visited, but it is still wonderful and I love it there. We arrived at the east entrance midday on Tuesday, stopped for views as we made our way to our hotel in the park. I decided to stay in the park since we would be able to commute either by foot or park bus just about everywhere. We saw some pretty spectacular views.
After settling into our room we tried to find the rim to watch the sun set, which is a must in the park. We managed to miss it by the time we arrived at the rim.
Wednesday morning we slept through sunrise and instead went to town for a quick trip and back to the park. We spent the entire day hiking and checking out the views. We did make it to the rim on Wed. night for sun set. It was wonderful to see. I will put pictures on as soon as I get home.
Sunrise on Thursday was yet another must see. We got up at 5:45 to get out to the rim for the view.Jesper and Randy were a little tough to get moving, but we made it. Jesper enjoyed it, and Randy will some day! Teri and I really enjoyed the experience.

We headed for Vegas on Thursday afternoon. We decided to travel via California, since neither Jesper or Randy had ever been to California. We found out today, as we went to see the Hoover Dam, it was a wise decision on our part. It took over an hour to get to the dam, which was only about 30 miles away. The traffic is horrible, but the view was great. Everyone enjoyed the time spent there.

We are headed to the Strip tonight and will be flying home in the very early hours of the morning. I will post pictures when I get home.

No comments: