Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Amsterdam


Central Station
Originally uploaded by GailJ.
The last leg of my trip was a quick stop in Amsterdam. I had a long, 6 hour layover there, so I contacted my friend Bill Jorgensen, who was in my Danish class many years ago.
Bill and Ponos met me at the airport at a very early 7:30 am and we went directly to Amsterdam central. After a good 'English' breakfast we were off to see the Van Sough museum. We had a lovely time in the museum and got to see so many really famous paintings. I have been to Amsterdam many times in the past, but I had never been to this museum. It is a must if you go.
There was a problem with the trains, so we couldn't take too much time for touring and I didn't get a lot of pictures. After the museum, it was back to the airport and I picked up some last minute postcards. I have been sending Grandma a postcard about every 4 days, so I had to get it done in Amsterdam as well.

The flight was LONG but uneventful. Thank goodness for the individual movie screens and the choice of many movies and tv shows to keep me from too much boredom! I just wonder why it took about an hour more to fly home from Amsterdam than it did to fly there? Hmm! It was 1 hour extra I had to sit by the very smelly bathroom.

I want to once again thank everyone I visited for their hospitality. I had a wonderful time and really miss you all! Please come and visit me soon! It was wonderful to see everyone and I enjoyed seeing all the kids! That was the best part of my trip. I got to see everyone again. It is too long between visits!

I hope everyone enjoyed following along. I will be back to work on Monday, darn!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Welcome home Gail!!!!!!