Friday, June 22, 2007

Hubbard Glacier


Hubbard Glacier
Originally uploaded by GailJ.
Our last 2 days of the cruise were stops at Icy Straght and Hubbard Glacier (which wasn't a stop).
We got off the ship for a quick day in Icy Straights. I wish we wouldn't have wasted time there. We choose to go on a bear safari, which turned out to be a huge waste of money. Teri had wanted to go salmon fishing, but they were full up! So, we decided to go and see bear instead. It turns out, all was got to see where bugs and bear pooh! Waste of time and money.

When we got back, it was my turn to not feel good. It turns out that I got really sick. I was lucky enough, even though I am obsessive about washing my hands and not touching door knobs with my bare hands, I got the Norwalk virus. I got to go to visit the ships medical, and was confinded to my room all day on the last day of our cruise. I watched the glacier from the window, while Teri went up on deck to take pictures. (She was supposed to be confined too, but she went out, since she was fine!) I wish I was able to see move than what was out my window. That would have move than made up for the non bear safari!

I am feeling fine today and off on our latest adventure. We have arrived in Seward today and will head out to the Kenai Fjords shortly. We have a big day of tours and laundry planned today! Hopefully, I can post the pictures later today of the Kenai Fjords!

No comments: