Thursday, June 7, 2007

Small World

It is a really small world. Today, because of a conversation I had with my co-worker Kerry, I got in touch with a college friend, Kathy Nolan. Kathy and I were friends at UW-La Crosse. After graduation, she headed west to Yellowstone National Park, where she met and married Les.
Now, here is the small world. Speaking with Kerry yesterday, he told me he is headed for Yellowstone. A grad student who is in the department, grew up out in the Yellowstone area, and low and behold, she knows Les and Kathy.

Well, Les and Kathy are now at Olympic National Park, right near Victoria, Canada. My 1st stop on the trip! Vancouver/Victoria where we plan to visit The Butchart Gardens. On a whim, I called Kathy and we are planning to meet there, with any luck. It will be so great if we can actually meet up and visit for a while!

This is all because we talked about our up coming vacations. I am very excited to meet up with Kathy., who I haven't seen since 1993!

No comments: