Thursday, June 28, 2007

Multnomah Falls


Multnomah Falls
Originally uploaded by GailJ.
Today is our last full day of vacation. We are visiting Teri's friend Kandi, who lives just outside Portland Oregon. We spent the day seeing a few sights. We drove up the Columbia River Highway which overlooks the Columbia River, on our way up to Mt. Hood. There were several really pretty waterfalls along the drive. This one at Multnomah Falls, is one of the most scenic and is most photographed. It is really pretty. Camilla, you would love this!
We drove up to Mt. Hood from there. It was really beautiful and sunny on our drive up, which was rather surprising, since it was so cloudy down in town. We saw the mountain the whole drive up, and as soon as we got there, the clouds moved it and I didn't get a picture! Trust me, it is wonderful.

Tomorrow, we head home in the afternoon, so this is my last entry on the travel blog. I hope you have been enjoying it and looking at the pictures.

If you decide to go to Alaska, and I would again in a minute, make sure you have a great camera. The wildlife calls for great patience and a better camera!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi Gail! It's looks like you have had a great time in Alaska... looks beautiful! I only have 4 weeks left in Australia so I will see you soon and we can share stories!