Thursday, July 23, 2009

Copenhagen


Nyhavn
Originally uploaded by GailJ.
Well, the trip is starting to wind down. I have arrived in Denmark and have been touring for days. We arrived, late, on Tuesday and settled in at Camilla's apartment, about 15 blocks from the main train station. After a little rest, it was off to walk around Copenhagen. My feet are sore, and I wore the correct shoes this time.
On Wednesday, we were off again for our walk around Copenhagen. We walked up the Round Tower for a view of the city, then it was off to Nyhavn for a canal tour. We toured all around the harbor area and saw of course, the Little Mermaid. This time I saw if from the water side. I think I got a few good shots of it. Yes, it is that small! After our canal tour, we lunched in Nyhavn. I tried to get Barb to have the traditional Danish sandwich, Smørbror, but it was not to be.
In the evening, we went to Tivoli for the evening show and waited for the lights to come on. I will get those pictures on later. I use the computer time too much. I will try to get those on tomorrow.

Today, we headed over to Røskilde for Lykke's birthday (Lykke is Camilla's mom) We managed to get there early, so we stopped by for a tour of the Røskilde church, where all the Kings and Queens get buried. It is a beautiful church. In past trips, we have tried to get in, but have been unsuccessful, Today, we did. Then, we were off to lunch at Lykke's and ate the entire afternoon.

Barb is leaving to go home to Atlanta tomorrow and I will go to Odense for a few days. I will be visiting with Preben and family.

So, that is all for today. I am off to pack again!

No comments: