Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Stockholm walking tour

My feet are killing me today. Yesterday, after picking up Barb from the airport, we made a short trip back to Mimmi's house to drop off luggage and a quick lunch. We headed to Stockholm for a 4pm tour of the Stockholm City Hall, where the Nobel Prizes, except the Peace Prize, are awarded. It is a really nice building. Not at all like our city halls back home. I will post the pictures, as soon as I can figure out how to do it on a Swedish, Mac! I had down the other computers, now I have to figure out how to do it on a Mac. Might take a while, but Mimmi should be able to help me. Anyway, the building is amazing and we really enjoyed the tour. I hope that my pictures of the gold room turned out. Actually, it is a video.

From City Hall, which I didn't think would be so much, so I wore my Minnetonka moccasins, we walked over to the Palace, and walked all over Old Town. All the rough stones and rocks were not kind to my feet. Note to self, always wear tennis shoes!

All in all, a very good day. Today, we have a busy day as well. 1st, we are going back to City Hall to try and climb the tower. It should be a good start on how it will be climbing the Statue of Liberty this fall. Then, cruise in the Archipeligos, followed up by some quick shopping at the Björn Borg store.

No comments: