Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Stockholm from above


Stockholm from above
Originally uploaded by GailJ.
Today was once again a busy day. My last day in Stockholm before hoping the train in the morning and heading to Öland, an island off the east coast of Sweden, where Mimmi's family has a summer house. That will be my first trip there.

Today, we of course, were running late, but were able to get in a quick stop at the Björn Borg store for a quick purchase. Now I have a great souvenir to bring home. It was then off to the City Hall again, so we could climb the tower and take lots of new pictures of the city. Luckily, there was an elevator half way up and the rest was mostly ramps. I am out of shape!

After City Hall, we hopped on one of the many tour boat and went out into the Archipelagos for an afternoon at sea. It was perfect weather and we enjoyed all the sites. I wish I had a boat!!!

We came back home and are now getting ready for the next leg of the trip. I hope you are enjoying the trip too!

2 comments:

michele said...

by chance did you pick me up a tennis racquet when you were shopping with Bjorn? Glad you are having so much fun, I want to go back with you and stay in the Hostel that is a float!

Anonymous said...

No athletic equipment anywhere in the store!