Thursday, July 2, 2009

I am headed out soon!

I can't believe, today has finally arrived. After only a year in planning, I am all packed and ready to leave. I have a couple things left to pick up, but then, I am off.

I will be visiting Elin, in Oslo first. I haven't seen Elin since I was visiting back in 2005. It will be great to see her again.

Next stop, Stockholm with Anna, Jesper, Eva, Peter and Gustaf. I will spend a few days there and I think we are headed to the summer house in Dalarna. I haven't been there since 1976! I will then be switching families in Stockholm and visiting with Mimmi and the Nilsson's. We will spend only a couple days in Stockholm before heading to their summer house, in Oland, an island, just off the east cost of Sweden.

From Oland, I will be headed to Copenhagen and Camilla, where I will spend only about 3 days. I will depart for Odense to see Preben and family. Preben is a cousin in Denmark, who I haven't seen for a few years either. He came to visit here last. I will then head back to Copenhagen and visit a few more days with Camilla, who is the first exchange student I hosted in 2002-03 school year. I saw her last in 2007, but I miss her just as much as the rest of them.

On August 3, I head home, but not before a quick stop in Amsterdam. Well, it is really a 6 hour lay over, so my friend Bill Jorgensen, from my Danish class , way back in the 90's, will be meeting me at the airport and showing me around for a few hours, before I head for home!

I hope to update often and put on a lot of pictures. I hope you enjoy my travels!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so looking forward to your updates and pictures. Have a safe trip! Can't believe you're going to be gone a whole month!

~Janet~