Thursday, July 9, 2009

Greetings from Stockholm

Hi All,
I am now getting used to the Swedish keyboard, so excuse my typos. They have a few extra letters and I have a tough time, sometimes. ö See! Anyway, I had a nice train ride from Oslo to Stockholm yesterday. It was just 6 hours and beautiful scenary on the way.
Elin and I managed to walk about 5 miles around Oslo on Tuesday night. We walked down to the Norwegian Palace, then headed to the City Hall, where the Nobel Peace prize is awarded. (All others are awarded in Stockholmäs City Hall). We strolled along the harbor and then headed to the Parliment. Really nice places. Then back to the apartment to relax and pack.

On Wednesday, Peter, Jesper and Gustuf met me at the train station ans luckily brought muscles to carry my bags. They are a LOT lighter now that I have disposed of the red cups and scrapbook items. Now, there is room for my Skogaholms limpa!!!

Tomorrow, we will be heading up to Dalarna. I will be out of touch for those days, but will get the pictures on asap.

If you are interested in making comments, please do so here, rather than my e-mail. I can get to this and enjoy them without having to sort through my e-mail! Thanks all.

Be in touch soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gaily,
It is nice to see you were able to let the "red" cups go! Glad to hear all is well and that the trip is going well, have a great weekend and we will talk next week! Nice to see you are completeing your mission as a rock hound!