Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hello from Norway


Walk on the beach
Originally uploaded by GailJ.
It took a while, but I arrived. Hello to all from Norway. I arrived on Friday afternoon, very tired from the flight. Elin and Madelyn picked me up at the airport an off to Oslo we went for a quick shower and then a drive to Fredrikstad.
We have been pretty busy in Fredrikstad, but I have been pretty jet lagged from the trip. We relaxed and had a nice BBQ with Elin's family. Elin's parents, Solberg and Per Christina, plus Elin's brother, Christian, wife Tina and daughters, Madelyn and Mia.
Saturday, 4th of July was spent at the cabin. It is in Holden, just down the cost from Olso, but up from Sweden, for those looking. It has been pretty warm here, about 82-85 since arriving, and there is no AC here, so the cabin on the water if great. Elin and I took a walk on the beach, picked up a nice rock and headed back for dinner.
Elin's parent were having 12 for dinner. It was a fantastic evening with singing and dinner. Everyone was so nice to me and made me feel very welcome.
Oh, funny, as usual, I ran into someone at the airport. Ole Gram, my former Danish teacher was also on the flight, so while our flight was delayed we visited and caught up. Once arriving in Amsterdam, we changed flights, with gates close by, so we visited again. Yes, I do seem to run into people, everywhere!
Elin's computer died right before I arrived, so I might not be able to update until Sweden, unless we hit a cyber cafe.
Tomorrow, it is back to Olso, for 2 days of touring. Wedneday, if it off to Stockholm.

It is very difficult to type on a keyboard with other languages. There are keys in places that are odd! Å see what

No comments: